It's time for our 2021 Annual General Meeting!
No need to remember to unmute or worry about your dodgy internet connection - pop down to the Jain Centre in Longsight on Saturday, October 23rd for our 2021 AGM.
Staff and committee members will be presenting updates and achievements over the last year and celebrating the hard work members have contributed to the fight for fairer renting. Participate in the election of a new committee and discuss priorities for the coming year.
Lunch will be provided and there will be plenty of time to chat and socialise too!
GMTU needs YOU!
Be part of the GMTU committee - learn new skills and get involved in the work of your tenants union! Being a committee member will take up around 6 hours of your time per month. We have a number of roles available:
- • Chair: To chair committee and all member meetings. To act as a public face of the organisation.
- • Vice-Chair: To chair committee and all member meetings in absence of the chair. To act as a public face of the organisation.
- • Secretary: To work with administrative staff to ensure the smooth operation of the organisation.
- • Treasurer: To manage the finances of the organisation, and work with the finance and fundraising committee to ensure long-term organisational sustainability.
- • Fund Raising Officer: To assist with the writing of bids and other fund raising efforts.
- • Comms and Campaigns Officers (x2): To manage social media of the organisation, to lead on campaigns.
- • Member Solidarity Officers (x3): To work with branch member solidarity officers and manage the member solidarity team to conduct collective disputes.
- • Outreach, Recruitment and Membership Officers (x2): To work with branches to organise regular outreach for the Tenants Union (stalls, door-knocking) and to grow the membership.
If you're interested in putting yourself forward for a role, or have any questions about what the position entails, drop a email to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know!